Saturday 9 March 2013

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System

Can't believe its been around 5 months since I started this blog, and I've only posted 1 thing. I blame it on the fact I had my A-Level exams and then it was Christmas so funding was low for new things to review/blog about, and to be honest i completely forgot all about this! So I apologise and am going to move swiftly along onto my view of the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System.
 I got this for Christmas off my mum from Debenhams, but used it as soon as I got it because I've always had problems with my skin ever since I was around 14-15. So I wanted clearer skin for Christmas when I got the rest of my presents. It cost me around £42, should of been £50 but Debenhams had a 15% sale on.


This is what Clinique say about the Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam: "Step 1 of Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System. Mild cleansing foam helps clear and prevent blemishes. Removes dirt and excess oil. Unclogs pores. Calms, soothes, reduces the look of redness. Skin feels soft, smooth, comfortable."

I think it was a really good cleanser, it would remove make-up and any dirt or oil quite easily. I used 2-3 pumps and would repeat if I had any make-up just to be sure it was all off. My face felt really fresh and clean after using this but, once dry if you didn't follow the other 3 steps it would feel quite tight, However my skin didn't look red or irritated as some cleansers can leave my skin.





This is what Clinique say about the Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion: Step 2 of Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System. Gentle, effective formula exfoliates to clear dead surface cells and reduce excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Unclogs pores. Oil-absorbing powders eliminate shine. Soothes irritation, redness.

This was very weird, because there was powder at the bottom of the bottle and before you use it you had to shake it vigorously. I just applied it with a cotton pad and swept it all over my face. It's meant to be exfoliating and to be honest, even though you couldn't feel it exfoliating it definitely worked as I had no dry skin as long as I used this lotion. The lotion did reduce my excess oil and eliminate any shine. 
 This is what Clinique said about the Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Moisturiser: Step 3 of Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System. Lightweight, soothing formula helps treat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, control excess oil. Creates a barrier against blemish-causing agents. Lightly hydrates to minimize dryness, peeling.

This is my favourite of the 3! I love love love it! It feels so nice when when you rub it into your skin, it has a kind of powdery feeling to it, as a moisturiser I don't think it's that great, it does the job but I think if I had really bad dry skin it wouldn't cover it completely. However, I think this moisturiser is one of the main reasons I no longer had to top up on my powder half way though the day, it literally stayed matte for the whole day! I can't give enough praise, it is definitely one of my holy grail items! 


Although I have said a lot of good things about this system, there is one major criticism I have left out, and that is the fact that it didn't clear my skin! I was so upset because my skin felt amazing but there was still loads of blemishes everywhere with no sign of them leaving :( . I used the system for around 5 weeks and on the leaflet I was given it near enough guaranteed results after 4 weeks and I just didn't want to purchase everything again for there still to be no improvement. This may just be my skin as it has a lot of reviews saying it does work, but for me that just wasn't the case. As a cleansing system it is fantastic and I will repurchase the moisturiser separately as I loved it that much and does not compare to the Dermalogica Stay Matte moisturiser I'm currently using. So, on that basis, I will not be purchasing the Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System again.

All images from Clinique's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment