Saturday 17 August 2013

My New Skincare Routine.


I am back once again! Hopefully on a more permanent blogging basis! Anyway, I'm blogging today to show you my new skincare routine, when I say new I mean literally brand new, I've only had these products for about a week or so, so these are my first impressions :). For those who don't know I have very oily skin and have constant breakouts to the point where if a product was to break me out, unless it was pretty severe I probably wouldn't notice :( so, I should definitely know if these products do my skin any good.





The first step in my new routine is obviously cleansing! I've been using Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap for oily skin. I have used Clinique's anti-blemish solutions cleansing foam in the past, but I found that it didn't take my make-up off effectively and it dried my skin out quite a bit, so the woman from Clinique recommended this facial soap. So far, it has been amazing! It takes off my make-up brilliantly with just one pump (repeated after rinsing if I've worn a lot of makeup that day) and leaves my skin feeling so soft even though its oil free. I would definitely recommend this cleanser for anyone with really oily skin that doesn't want to strip their skin bare! I bought this from a Clinique counter in Westgate for £15.50.


The next step is a spot fighting exfoliating clarifying lotion. I've been using Clinique's anti-blemish solutions Clarifying Lotion which is amazing! I removes any dead skin or traces of make-up left after cleansing. It has a little bit of powder which sits at the bottom of the bottle and when you give the bottle a good shake before using, the powder gets mixed with the rest of the liquid and acts as the exfoliator. You use this by just dabbing it onto some cotton wool and sweeping it all over your face. Since using this I've not had any dry patches whatsoever (which I usually get on my cheeks). As for its spot fighting abilities I believe it shrinks spot size and reduces redness so on that front its pretty good! I would definitely recommend this is to anyone with spot prone skin who wants to use oil free products but has them annoying dry patches! I bought this from the same Clinique counter from abover for £17.00


My next step is a spot treating serum. I've been using La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo which states 'Corrective and Unclogging Anti-Imperfection Care helps reduce the appearance of imperfections and purifies pores.' And so far its doing the trick! It has a gel like consistency and massage it all over your face and this paired with the clarifying lotion are so far a dream team. I bought it for £13.00 from Boots.


The final step is moisturising! Just because you have oily skin doesn't mean your skin is hydrated enough, so you still need a moisturiser, just use an oil free one! I did used to use Clinique's anti-blemish solutions moisturiser but I just found it wasn't moisturising enough (strange I know). This moisturiser is also in a gel formula, is oil free and is just amazing, it moisturises my skin without leaving it greasy or overly shiny. It just does what a moisturiser should and more for my oily skin! I bought this from the same Clinique counter for £29.50 (eek I know, expensive, totally worth it though!)

I hope you enjoyed this post, leave a comment on what your currently using in your skincare routine, if you have any questions about these products or if you have any of these products and how its working for you? Thanks for reading!

Shanice xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to try the clinique moisturizing gel!!

    Great post!!

    XOXO ♥ Kia - http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete